It all boils down to branding. At some point, you decided to design a website, because you realized that everyone with a pulse was accessing the internet, and if you didn’t jump on the band wagon, you were going to be left behind. And, hopefully not to long after you made that leap of faith, you realized that you needed to redesign your website to represent the professional image and quality of service that you provide. (If you haven’t designed an incredible website, or worse, don’t have one, you need to call us – like, yesterday.)
Facebook Is Really Popular!
Newsflash: Facebook is one of the largest and continually fastest growing entities on the web. How do I know? Besides the fact that even my grandparents are on Facebook twelve times a day, the stats don’t lie. Check out the info, taken straight from facebook.com.
People on Facebook
- More than 800 million active users
- More than 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- Average user has 130 friends
Activity on Facebook
- More than 900 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups, events and community pages)
- Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
- On average, more than 250 million photos are uploaded per day
- More than 70 languages available on the site
- More than 75% of users are outside of the United States
- Over 300,000 users helped translate the site through the translations application
- On average, people on Facebook install apps more than 20 million times every day
- Every month, more than 500 million people use an app on Facebook or experience Facebook Platform on other websites
- More than 7 million apps and websites are integrated with Facebook
- More than 350 million active users currently access Facebook through their mobile devices
- More than 475 mobile operators globally work to deploy and promote Facebook mobile products
OK, I Get It. So What Is A Custom Tab?
Facebook does a good job of giving you the option to stick out from the crowd, but there’s only so much you can do before your profile starts to look a lot like everybody else’s. A custom tab is, in the Facebook realm, an app. On the front end, it’s a custom designed “page” on your facebook profile that will be completely unique from anybody else’s pages. It’s the equivalent of having a custom designed website. It not only shows your company as being professional, modern, and current, but it also makes it memorable. Your facebook page will be branded to match your business.
I Like Being Branded, But What I Really Want Are Results
I don’t blame you, so check this out. According to All Facebook Jeff Widman of BrandGlue did some A/B testing. He discovered…
“We ran an A/B test just four weeks ago to guesstimate the efficacy of a landing tab. We drove visitors to the fan page of a major brand using ads. Those ad-driven visitors converted to fans at a rate of approximately 47% WITH a landing tab. When we turned off the landing tab, those same ad-driven visitors converted to fans at approximately 23%. A VERY noticeable loss in conversions over the course of the campaign.”
Those are pretty convincing numbers. It’s pretty clear, you’re missing alot of exposure and opportunities if you aren’t utilizing the custom facebook tabs on your profile. This article just cracks the surface on the power of Facebook and custom tabs. If you want to learn more, or find out what we can do to help you increase your business identity on Facebook, give us a call. We’re pretty friendly.